Timber Windows Birmingham
Timber Window Frames
A decision faced by many homeowners looking to update their window frames is whether to opt for uPVC or wood frame windows. And, while the former remains a solid, durable choice, the latter offers timeless elegance and character that is hard to beat.
Many new homes are still built with timber windows, and for good reason; they’re environmentally friendly, attractive, hard-wearing and great at retaining heat.
Your home may already have timber window frames that were originally installed when it was built and therefore nearing the end of their life. Whatever your situation, at High Spec Windows, we have a fabulous range of wooden window frames to choose from.
Why choose timber windows?
Timber has been used as a building material in homes for centuries. This is primarily because it comes from a sustainable, natural source that is easy to work with and uniquely tuned to deal with everything Mother Nature can throw at it.
When looked after correctly, windows made with a timber frame can last for tens of years (some would argue hundreds). They’re also the best natural insulator, can be easily repaired and are incredibly strong; three facets we all look for when it comes to windows.
If you’re still unsure, we’ve compiled 5 reasons wooden replacement windows may be for you:
- Windows surrounded by timber frames are inherently environmentally friendly and benefit from a highly sought-after (and tricky to obtain) negative GWP (global warming potential), which means they’re capable of reducing the level of Co2 in the atmosphere during their lifetime.
- Timber windows look stunning on properties of all kinds. Given the nature of wood, each one is unique, too – you can’t say that about uPVC!
- Wooden double glazed windows aren’t as expensive as you may think. Due to the breadth of choice, there’s something available for every budget.
- Wood is a natural insulator, which means any timber frame you install on your home will automatically help retain the heat within your house.
- Maintenance of timber windows is easier than you think. Although certainly not a regular task, painting and varnishing them ensures a long healthy life and gives you the opportunity to freshen them up whenever you feel fit!
Why buy wooden windows from High Spec Windows?
With double glazed salespeople knocking on your door every week, you may wonder what makes us different.
Based in the heart of Birmingham, the team at High Spec Windows has built an enviable reputation for combining fantastic service with a range of products that suit budgets of all sizes.
Windows aren’t a regular purchase for any of us, therefore it’s essential you’re dealt the best advice and the fairest pricing whenever the time comes to replace the windows on your home. Our team have helped countless homeowners do just that and are well known for offering honest advice that only has the customer’s best interests in mind.
Contact our friendly sales team today to find out how we can transform your home.
Get your Timber windows installed by High Spec Windows today!
Call us using the details on the contact page and ask for a demonstration of the new Timber Windows from High Spec Windows & Conservatories Ltd.